I believe this to be the very best gluten-free bread for two reasons:
- Firstly, it is never dry and crumbly even though it is low-carb
- Secondly, you can wrap it around a sausage which makes it perfect for the Australian BBQ season.
- 75g chia seed, ground fine
- 50g psyllium husk
- 60g coconut flour
- 200g almonds, ground to a flour (substitutable with cashew flour)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP honey
- 2 cups filtered water
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
In a large mixing bowl combine chia, psyllium, coconut, almonds, salt, and bicarb in a mixing bowl until well combined. (if needed you can grind the dry ingredients one by one in a thermomix or high powered blender)
In another bowl blend eggs, water, honey, ACV together until fluffy.
Pour the egg water mix into the large mixing bowl of ground nuts and seeds mixing quickly with a spatula as not to overwork it.
- Pour out into a bread mix into a loaf pan (200x110) lined with baking paper then place the loaf in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.