Bath bombs are a beautiful way to support detoxification pathways and restore relaxation to the overworked body.
The ingredients listed below help to calm the nervous system, detoxify the body by helping it to remove heavy metals and toxins from the body. Other benefits include:
- Detoxification of the integumentary system (winning!)
- Evokes a sense of calm and deepens restorative sleep
- Supports to rebalance pathogenic bacteria or yeasts on the skin
- Regulates bowel function
I found that regular baths (2-3 weekly) with epsom salts and bicarb helped to reduce the anxiety in both of my kids and after a good nights sleep they were more flexible and happy the next day, which was perfect considering the sensory and emotional issues with transitioning an ASD child.
- In a mixing bowl measure out bicarb, citric acid, Epsom salts and mix well
- Add your choice of essential oil and mix again before lightly "mist-spraying" the mix with witch hazel. You will only need 5-6 sprays of witch hazel to combine the bicarb, citric acid, Epsom salts. When you squeeze the mix in your hand, it should hold its shape, just.
- Press the mixture into molds and leave to dry at least 1 hour before pressing them out and storing them in an airtight jar.
Source quality natural ingredients from ethical sources:
Epsom Salts & Bicarb Soda - Blants Australia or Bobs’s Redmill
Essential Oils - doTERRA order here
If starting kids with Epsom salt baths use ¼ cup of essential oils in ½ a bathtub of water, watching for sensitivities or intolerance.
We need to take extra care with babies, and young people, so always use intelligence and intuition for the appropriateness of every action.